yes, it’s that time in your life when you realize that your eyeliners are completely worn out, your makeup brushes look like they have nearly been run over, and the bottom of your makeup bag has nothing but makeup stains. well, beauty expert and makeup artist Payal aka Payal MUA is here to help!
whether you are a makeup addict or a 3 product gal, keeping your makeup kit revamped and replenished with new products is always one step closer to a fresh and updated look! we dove into Amy’s makeup bag and found all sorts of keepers, tossers, and as a result, created a brand new shopping list!
check out the video here!
in Amy’s current makeup bag, we found all sorts of goodies. we know Amy loves bold brows, a full coverage foundation, and mauve lip colors. some of her current products were in need of help, but a good majority we were able to still reuse.
with that being said, we divided up all of her products based off of what to keep, what to toss, and what to shop for:
some of the items that we decided to keep were:
- recent purchases
- anything that contained about 25% product or more
- recent lipsticks
- beauty blender (never used!)
- anything that wasn’t completely dried out
items we decided to toss:
- products that were overly worn out
- products she hadn’t used in a while
- overly used eyeshadows
- brushes with bristles that were very worn
- very dried out products (3 month mascara rule: toss it!)
items we decided to purchase:
- anything new she wanted to try out based off of suggestions made by Payal
- anything that was tossed that needed to be replaced (brushes, mascaras, and brow products)
As a result, here is what we got!
Products left to right:
- e.l.f. Blush Brush: great for powder highlight, powder contour, and powder blush
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Espresso (drug store brow pencil)
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper: subtle brow gel
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara: great mascara for the price!
- Clinique Chubby Sticks: tinted lip colors that are suitable to Amy’s liking!
- Boscia Charcoal Makeup Melter: love and trust Boscia skincare products!
amy’s kit is now revamped and ready to go with all brand new products! stay tuned next week for a style edit video by fashion expert, Amy Devan!
for one-on-one makeup edit consultations with payal, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org!